It seems everything happens before the weekends......

Hello, doc, how are you? Is everything all right in there?

I have a sore throat that' benn lasting 40 days... I had zinat, ibuprofen, but it goes away and come back, in a vicious circle...

My wife is like that too. She took azythromycin (5 days), but it' back. And 4 or 5 days after the azytrhomycin, she started having some burning and painful sensations in her tongue (in the sides), with some little white spots (not "milky", just little white).

Well, we visit the ER yesterday and a doctor told there's no apparent bacterial infection. He say we've been having in this region a virus infection that is causing this problem. The weather here is not helping, making hot and cold (from 25 to 13 celsius degrees in the same day).

Well, he prescribed nistatin to her. I read the documentation about it and it says it's for oral candida, that happens to imunosuppressed individuals. I freaked out (again).

Do you think it could be caused by the azytrhomycin? My sore throat is also very painful (too difficult to swallow), but no fever.

Lately, it seems that every weekend we got sick.

Thanks a lot, my friend. I hope everything is all right with you. I received some emails froms the foundation thanking for my donations. Thanks a lot! I'll continue donating every month.

From your BFF Brazilian guy

Hey BFF,

Strong antibiotics like azithromycin can and often do cause oral candidiasis (thrush). It's a fungal overgrowth resulting from the antibiotic killing off the bacteria, thereby allowing the fungi to take over, at least temporarily. It's not serious.

If you continue to have problems with recurrent sore throats, you should see an ENT (ear, nose and throat) physician. You might have a sinus infection, allergy problem or post-nasal drip, etc. One thing I remain very confident of is that you don't have HIV!

Thanks for your ongoing support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's very warmly appreciated.

Be well. Stay well.

Question about Barebacking Bottoms
Bus Crash