Risk or just nerves?

Dear Dr. Bob,

About over an hour ago I got semen in my eye (definetely, without any doubt, although in very little quantity) from an unknown guy who told me that he got a negative HIV test this past July (I know to take those statements from strangers with a grain of salt, though...).

I tried not to rub my eye but it still got irritated. I have read some of your answers below on the subject and got somewhat reassured by the low risk but nevertheless I am very worried, particularly since I painstakingly protect myself when engaging in sexual activity.

I am on vacation in Buenos Aires and I dont know what to do, as to whether go to a hospital emergency room to get PEP. I dont even know what protocols they use here for PEP.

Your advice will be greatly appreciated. I admire your work and devotion to helping others enormously and wish there were more saints like you around.

Best regards from Nervous in B.A.

Hello Nervous in B.A.,

Vacation in Buenos Aires??? Hmm. I think your situation requires immediate attention so I'm hopping on the next flight out to make a house call. I love Buenos Aires and my tango is getting a bit rusty, so I could evaluate your spunked-up eye and take a few tango lessons as well. OK?

Kidding aside, your HIV-acquisition risk from getting "a very little quantity" of spunk from a dude of unknown HIV status in your eye is exceedingly low. PEP, although available in B.A., would not be warranted. If you're worried, get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. The odds are a quantum leap beyond astronomical that you did not contract HIV from the hotshot's hot shot. But just in case you do want that home (or hotel) visit while in Argentina, just let me know!

Be well. Enjoy your vacation without worry!

High Heel Crisis! No where in archives. Plus humble donation.
your info can save the life of this polish boy:(