Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

High Heel Crisis! No where in archives. Plus humble donation.
Aug 8, 2010

First of all I want to thank you in advance, I don't have a lot of money to donate only about $40 :( I wish it was more, I see some people donating hundreds, but I suppose any amount is appreciated and will do some good.

Super quick question: I was sratched me leg with my own heel of my shoe. The day before I remember stepping in digusting gutter water and just all around dirty cement, outside ground and even visited my uncle in the hospital. if there was HIV infected blood that I stepped on, then about 20 hours later I scratched myself with the heel that stepped in "maybe" HIV infected blood could I get infected? The scratch from my high heel was red and puffy, but didn't seem to draw blood;if it did draw blood, it was miniscule. But it IS still red and puffy.

Remember it had been about 19 or 20 after I stepped in... Hiv blood or whatever I fear :(

Donation sent asap! :)

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Super quick question, super quick answer. The HIV-acquisition risk from your Jimmy Choo cha cha heels is completely nonexistent. Neither concern nor HIV testing is warranted.

Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated.

Be well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
When do ARS symptoms generally start? What are the major symptoms of ARS?
Next
Risk or just nerves?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.