PLEASE HELP MAKING DONATION NEED YOUR ASSESSMENT

Hello Dr. Bob,

I'm donating $150 to your cause please assess my situation;

In March I had vaginal intercourse with a girl I later learned was high risk, my condom broke and I was exposed for I think somewhere around 1 to 2 minutes.

My symptoms were as follows:

-1 day after incident sore throat lasted 2 days -7 days, sever fatigue and general sore muscles all over body (back, neck, and legs) -8 days, cold symptoms (running nose and sneezing) -9 days, nausea and dizziness -10 days, diarrhea and tongue turned all white -12 days nausea got even worse and stayed that way for 3 weeks, I lost 10 lbs. -12 days cold sweat/chills for 1 night and night sweats began which also stayed for about 3 weeks -3 weeks, hot flashes and sweating throughout the day, a rash consisting of about 6 red raised bumps on the inside of my left elbow which lasted 1 day, -3 weeks, had several more bouts of diarrhea -3.5 weeks, while in bed at night lying down on my stomach, I had a sudden overwhelming feeling of thousands of pins and needles starting from my legs and running all the way up my back to my neck, while this was happening I couldnt physically move, it felt like there was a tremendous weight on me! -4 weeks, noticed an abundance of what looks like angiomas all over my body, definitely much more than Ive ever had before - 5 weeks, developed folliculitis, red bumps (some times puss filed), I would get 3 to 7 of them that would appear on my armpits, chest and torso, last 2 to 4 days, then new ones will appear. This is still going on today! -6 weeks, noticed 2 lymph nodes in my neck. 1 is about the size of a marble and is hard just above my left clavicle bone, the second on the right side of my neck the size of a pebble. They are still present today. -7 weeks, woke up and found 3 large painful red bumps/welts on my left hip. They were raised bumps surrounded by a large red circle that encompassed all the 3 of the bumps. They lasted for about a week. -7.5 weeks, developed a cluster of itchy hives (about 8 10) on the inside of my right thigh, they lasted for about 1 hour. The next day, the same thing happen on the inside of my left thigh. -9 weeks, I had 4 bad outbreaks of genital herpes one right after the other! Ive experienced outbreaks 2 to 4 times per year, never one right after the other like this. -17.5 weeks, still have a white tongue (culture swab stated it was a heavy growth of bacteria no yeast cells), still have the 2 lymph nodes, still have the folliculitis. Also have strange sounds in my esophogus that began at 2 weeks with very bad acid reflux at night.

I had the following tests:

-Elisa and rapid tests at 2, 3, 6, 8, 9, 13 weeks all negative.

-17.5 weeks ICMA AB 1/o/2 with a Western Blot = negative -17.5 weeks RNA PCR for HIV 1 = not detected (under 48 copies) -17.5 weeks CD4 count = 718

1) Are my symptoms consistent with sero conversion? Is it possible to sero convert beyond 7/8 weeks after infection?

2) Is folliculitis a symptom of ARS or early HIV infection ( 3 4 months)?

3) Is the size of my 2 lymph nodes concerning at all? Should you be able to feel lymph nodes even if there is nothing wrong with you? With ARS, are concerning lymph nodes based on the size they swell to and/or the number of lymph nodes that become noticeable/present?

4) How conclusive (in percentage) are all my test results? Are they re-assuring or are they 100% conclusive?

5) Are my test results conclusive even with my on going symptoms?

6) If I had a suppressed immune system due to an illness that would delay seroconversion, would my CD4 count test come back abnormal?

7) If I contracted a sub group or subtype of HIV that any of my tests were not designed to detect, would all my results still come back negative? Would any of my tests have detected that there is something wrong or would they all just give out a clean negative?

8) I spoke with an HIV specialist/Doctor from San Diego USA, she told me she once had a case where an individual progressed to AIDS in 5 years post infection, and between infection and AIDS repeatedly tested negative on blood tests. Have you ever heard/seen cases like this? How plausible is this case? How could they determine the person had AIDS if he never tested positive?

Thank you so much Dr. Bob!

1. "Symptoms" are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected. A negative HIV-antibody test outside the window period trumps symptoms each and every time. So your symptoms are not HIV related, because you definitively are not HIV infected!

2. Most cases of folliculitis have absolutely nothing to do with HIV/AIDS as is the case with you!

3. Nope! You are conclusively HIV negative. Remember? As for HIV-associated swollen glands, they are generalized (occurring in many locations of the body) and usually painless. You do not have HIV-associated lymphadenopathy because you do not have HIV!

4. Conclusive, definitive, WOO-HOO-able and move-on-already-able!

5. Yes, absolutely.

6. Most likely yes.

7. I'm not sure what you are asking. The bottom line is that you don't have HIV! Period.

8. No. Not plausible at all. I really can't comment on such a hypothetical case. It has nothing to do with your case, OK?

You're welcome! Thank you for your generous tax-deductible donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Be well. Stop worrying. Start WOO-HOO-ing.

Is it possible that I am really HIV + 21 years after exposure and 16 tests?
question by a lesbian