Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Here I go again on my own..... Out on this limb!
Aug 4, 2010

Hi Dr. Bob,

I really don't know who else to turn to. I have worte to you in the past about this same/ current situation. I will simply break it down for you: * I have had an exposure to HIv in early Jan. of 2008 * since then I have tested on ELISA 2,4,6,8, 12 and 18 months after this exposure all NEGATIVE. I even did a viral load at 18 months that was negative as well.

Here lays the big worry and huge concern... * Just went to the Public Health eDepartment to do my anual HIV test and still have yet get my results back!! It's been almost a week and half now, and my tests never hav taken longer than a few days at most!! My testing consuler explained tome that my sample was sent to the State lab because I was deamed "low risk" and they have an overload of tests at the normal lab. So now I'm being asked to wait another week for my results??? Which would equal 14 days!!! * I thought that only preliminary positives were tested this long...?>|??? Is this true? Do you think my testing consuler was jsut trying to ease my anxiety????

Please provide me your expertise.... I only really rtust you.

Thank you from the bottom of heart. Oh, BTW: I'm a 30 year woman from Washington State.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

I agree you are "out on a limb," but there is absolutely no reason for you to be there except for your irrational fear and uncontrolled anxiety. No I don't think the counselor was lying to you to ease your anxiety. Why would he? I think he was telling you the absolute truth. You've had 18 months' worth of negative tests! Frevinsakes!!! Why are you still testing? It's totally excessive and completely unnecessary. Stop perseverating on a disease you could not possibly have. Instead seek help from your doctor or a mental health professional (psychiatrist or psychologist) for your anxiety.

Dr. Bob

Previous
years to your calendar
Next
is self sucking safe ? (AUTOFELLATIO 2010)

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.