Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Final Test or Keep Going
Aug 4, 2010

Hi Doc, I just finished my 51st week hiv test after insertive oral sex with male massuer. It is one week short of one year. I read that to be 100% sure it has to be one year or longer. I have taken 5 rapid tests all negative. I get that I am negative but, having that not sure of 100% is killing me. I am so tired mentally and phsically with this. I just want to move on and be happy again. I am always happy with a noose around my neck. It is exhausting. What do you think? Done or keep going? I want 100% is that so wrong? Thanks Doc

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

You are way past done! Your repeatedly negative tests following a very low-risk HIV exposure out to 51 weeks are definitive, conclusive, WOO-HOO-able and move-on-able! HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional HIV testing is warranted. Yell WOO-HOO and move on!

Dr. Bob

Previous
possible hiv transmission from hiv+ person with condom being the bottom
Next
please is he at risk (MOTHER'S PROBLEM NOT CHILD'S, IRRATIONAL FEAR, 2010)

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.