can there be false positives results

hello docotor I am confused about false postives and if diagnosed with hiv can there still be false postives .So there was a virus at my job going around . 8 people got sick with same symptoms all in june . i went to my docotor an she looked at tonsils and perscribed 2 packs of azithromicen I was confused but left without asking questions when i was on the meds my tounge got white so i took nizoral well taking the azithromicen . I had not been sick for a while and when i was sick i had bad gas and was burping alot an was so tired an had soft stools and constipated and i lost my apaitie.I decided i wanted to get physical done an this time through a new docotor. doctor did test an also a hiv rapid elisa test .I got a call back that day that i was postive with hive . my reaction was calm an confused becuase i never have unsafe sex i got tested 2 months befor an it was neg. i have been with the same person for a yr an im always safe. befor i went to get my test done i thought it could maybe have been mono or parasites or maybe the meds .. i never got tested for them because the doctor said it was hiv. This has been hard to deal with . i got another rapid test 7 days after i meet that doctor an it was negative so im confused. are there false postive from mono or parasites.

Your HIV test at your new doctor's office was a false-positive result as demonstrated by your subsequent negative rapid HIV test seven days later and because you had essentially no HIV risk! I would quickly fire your new doctor! That he or his office performed a single HIV test (presumably a rapid test, as you got the results the same day) and his office called you the same day informing you that you are HIV positive demonstrates not only a lack of understanding of HIV diagnostic tests (you would need a confirmatory test before being diagnosed HIV positive), but also considerable insensitivity (a phone report without explaining what a preliminary test means, etc.). So I see not only a lack of competence, but also a lack of compassion from that office!

There are many reasons for false-positive HIV-screening tests. You can review this information in the archives of this forum.

Be well.

Hiv (QTND: CAN YOU GIVE YOURSELF HIV OR STD BY MASTURBATION, 2010)
possible hiv transmission from hiv+ person with condom being the bottom