|HIV paranoia pls answer
Aug 3, 2010
Thanks for the wonderful work you are doing and I am a constant donor to your organisation.
I just wanted you to address this concern of mine and I know u have answered this similar question but mine is a bit whacked out. I had this lab tech come over for blood draw.
I saw him opening the need pack in front of me it was a winged needle infusion set attached to a BD brand adapter. After the blood draw my mind is making up stories that I might get still infected and now wondering that did he open the needle pack in front of me!!!
I know it sounds crazy but just answer these questions and I promise I will move on with my life and it will really help me a great deal:
1. Did I get HIV infected from the blood draw? 2, can I move on with my life? 3. Can u ever get infected by phebotomy procedure from a path lab? 4. I am avoiding sex with my wife can I continue with my sexual escapades with my wife?
Your reply would really help me. It would really put my mind and body at peace!!
Donation coming up whether u answer or not and I am hoping you do.
Best regards, LLT Mumbai
| Response from Dr. Frascino
2. I have no way of knowing. It's a good question: can you??? Certainly there is no medical reason you should not; however, you do seem to have a significant psychological problem that you accurately described in your question when you wrote: ". . . my mind is making up stories . . . ." This psychological problem might very well hinder you from moving on with your life if you can't overcome these irrational thoughts.
LLT, if my reassurance is not enough for you to shake these unwarranted worries, I'd suggest you seek counseling (psychotherapy) to help you confront and conquer your irrational fears. Untreated fears like yours could get worse and become even more incapacitating. There are a number of examples of this phenomenon in the archives. In fact we've even recently begun a new chapter entitled "I'm Positive I'm Positive," which is filled with posts from folks who have convinced themselves they are HIV infected. Have a look!
Thanks for your donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hiv Paranoia Not Sexually Active
- Loose Stool After Touching Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Happy Ending Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Psoriasis After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Trouble Urinating After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.