Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

please answer, if you can single mom - cant shake the worry
Aug 3, 2010

Hi, doctor bob. I hear you're the best of the best so let's give it a shot. Last weekend I went out with some friends at a huge DT club, against my better judgement. The night was going ' ok' , until one of the people we were with sustained a foot injury from broken glass. There was a lot of blood and for a long time she did not leave the dance floor to attend to it. I did my best to avoid the. Puddle of blood but may have managed to step in a bit. Later on, she did leave; cleaned up her wound a bit and bandaged it. I did not see her wash her hands. If she did, it was a very brief rinse. So let's say there was some remining blood on them. No more than a half hour later; dancing again this Same person accidentally flailed an ARM too close and dug my arm with her nail. It did bleed a bit. I left and attended to my wound!!!! I do know there is a level of promiscuity with this woman. So here i am trying to be rational but my mind cant seem to let this one slip. I have 2 question, Dr bob, and I have searched your forums but what I found cobtained no confirmed blood, or was dog- human transmission. 1 - assuminn I had indeed stepped in some Goo.... I had a non bleeding akin cut on my foot. Tender, but not bleeding. No risk, right? & 2- asuming there was blood under her nail- is this one a risk?? I know individual situations must be hard to judge but I'm nearly begging for a response here. Please give me you opinion. Do I needbe concerned / have a test? Or is it time to ' relax, max'. I will be forever greatful if you could lend me a few moments of your time.:) Concerned, confused; mom.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Best of the best? Oh, I bet you say that to all the cyber-sexperts on this site.

1. Right!

2. Nope! (no risk!)

HIV testing is not warranted medically. Yes, it's time to "relax Max", even if you happen to be a Maxime.

Be well. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
PEP help me
Next
Magnetic Handjobs

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.