BF is HIV+ and Im negative. What are the risks?

My BF is HIV+ and im negative. We have been practicing safe sex but as of last night the condum came off accidentally and was in my vagina. He also came in me not realizing the condum came off. He started meds about a week ago. What would my chances be of getting HIV? Especially if being on my monthly flow?

The CDC's per-act statistical estimate for acquiring HIV from unprotected (or condom-failure) vaginal sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV infected is 1 per 1,000 exposures. There are also three reasons the risk of viral infection may be greater in the scenario you describe:

1. Your positively charged partner ejaculated in your vagina.

2. Your partner only began his HIV medications a week ago and therefore may not have significantly suppressed his viral load yet.

3. You are menstruating.

I would recommend a course of PEP (post-exposure prophylaxis). The first dose should be taken ASAP and not later than 72 hours after the exposure. You can get PEP at any emergency room. Your partner's HIV doctor might be willing to prescribe it for you. You can read much more about PEP in the archives.

Good luck. I'm here if you need me, OK?

Simple Yes or No answers would be Greatly Appreciated Dr. Bob
Scared about a possible strange way to be infected through oral/deep kissing