Simple Yes or No answers would be Greatly Appreciated Dr. Bob
Jul 29, 2010
I would greatly appreciated simple anwers to my questions. I know you are a very busy man. but you would be helping me a great deal by answering my questions PLEASE!!!!
I will repost it, just in case you have erased it.
Hi Dr. Bob,
I am a married 34yr old male, who had "protected" vaginal sex with a black female escort. The vaginal sex only lasted about 1min, maybe less. I am also a circumsized male with herpes 2. My concern is she used a lube that I never heard of. It was called "Angel of Mine" Baby Oil Gel. So I went out and bought it and checked the ingredients. It didn't seem to be anything harmful to latex condoms.
The ingredients are: Deionized Water, Glycerin Propylene Glycol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethicone Copolyol, Triethnalamine, Fragrance, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Benzyl Alcohol, Methychloroisthiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Lavender Extract, Camomile Extract, D&C Red No.33, FD&C Blue No.1
As far as I know, before removing and throwing away the condom there seemed to be no visable damage to it ( while glancing at it quickly ). I even went as far as testing the product on latex condoms to see it they would fail and they didn't. So my questions to you are:
1) Do you see anything harmful in the ingredients of the product?
2) Do you think think there was any danger in me having herpes 2, even though I used a latex condom.
3) Is there a possibility of the latex condom breaking or failing without me noticing it when removing it after sex? I have always heard when they break they split wide open.
4) Do you advise me to get tested at 3 months?
Just so you know , I have been tested at the 20 day mark for hiv and other various STD's cause I was feeling too stress out. All the tests came back negative. I know it was to early to take the hiv test at 20 days, but I needed it to help relieve my stress abit.
Also just so you know, I did not have a HSV2 outbreak during the exposure.
Your advise would be greatly appreciated Dr. Bob. And I will make sure to make a donation.
Response from Dr. Frascino
1. Yes, all oil-based products are not compatible with latex condoms.
2. Herpes infection increases the risk for viral transmission if the area is exposed (not covered by the condom).
3. Generally when condoms fail (break), it's not subtle. Mr. Happy's head often pokes out like your head does in a turtleneck sweater.
Good luck and thank you for your willingness to help others by donating to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). In return I'm sending my good-luck karma that your definitive three-month HIV-antibody test remains negative. Your negative 20-day test is encouraging.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flu Symptoms After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Rimming Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Can I Get Genital Herpes If I Used A Condom?
- How Long Does It Take For The Results Of A Hepatitis B Test?
- Getting Hiv Through Open Cuts On Hands
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.