|Patient require your help!!!!!
Jul 29, 2010
Hi doctor, I am back again..this is deepakXXXXX, MD from New Jersey. If you remember my paitent have had ICMA HIV 1/O/2 test through lab corp which was repeatedly reactive. western blot negative. I did order viral load test which is undetectable? his Cd 4 count is 619, cd 4 % 25.6 and Cd 8 count is 876 cd8 % 35. Cd 4/CD 8 ratio is 0.71 My patient did ask you this question but he didnt get any response so he insisted that i post this question for him. My knowledge is limited....
1. does this indicate Hiv? if not why his cd 4 count and percentage are low?
2. what other than HIV cause CD8 to elevate?
3. three months ago numbers were little bit ok cd 4 674 cd % 30. cd 8 819 cd 8% 35 and cd 4/CD8 ratio was 0.81. I am sure he is negative but do you think he's got anything else other than HIV?
doctor I thank you for replying before and I thank you again!!!please response back....
| Response from Dr. Frascino
1. The undetectable HIV plasma viral load merely confirmed what we already knew (or least very strongly suspected); i.e., your patient is conclusively HIV negative. T-cell subset analyses were not indicated, as your patient is not HIV infected.
2. There are numerous causes for variations in CD8 counts. It is a very nonspecific determination.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.