|can the control positive vial at the HIV ELISA kit transmitt HIV infection if contacted skin
Jul 28, 2010
Dear Prof Robert I need your expert opinion about the possibility of HIV transmission by skin or conjunctiva contact with the content of control positive vial at the ELISA kit for HIV testing. they say at the kit information paper that they test the continents and found no HIV ,HBV, HCV etc how reliable is this
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Nonexistent risk. You can't get infected from any of the components in an HIV ELISA testing kit. Period.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get Hiv With Being In Contact With Faeces?
- Can You Contract Hiv By Skin Contact?
- Short And Long Term Effects Of AIDS
- Why Havent Hiv Test Detected Antibodies In My Blood After One Year Of Testing?
- Dealing With Diarrhea When You Are Hiv Positive
- How Do You Tell If You Have Angular Chelitis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.