The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary


Jul 28, 2010

Dear Dr. Frascino Am with my BF from 8 years and i diagnosed HIV positif from 2003, MY BF and I did unsafe sex before i knew that but he did the test this year and the result Thanks GOD was negatif and am very happy :-), we still together and we had sex after that we knew the result ( of course safe sex). My question Dr. to You is what we have to change in our relation and in our lifestyle especially in our sex life together , what we should afraid of in this case even if we r using condom ???? Do u see it's better to stopping having sex together??? He loves me and he is not yet ready to leave me and me as well . Hope hear from u soon and thanks in advance for ur answer Best regards Confused Guy

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Confused Guy,

Stop having sex??? YIKES! That's not a workable solution for most humans (including this one!). Catholic priests tried it and we all know how well that worked out.

You and your boyfriend need to practice safer sex. You can read about this in great detail in the archives of this forum. Have a look! You and your boyfriend should also review the information in the chapter devoted to magnetic couples. It will answer many of your concerns and also provide some harm-reduction techniques you should consider. Write back if you have additional concerns after reviewing the information, OK?

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

for the worried wells come in and read this immediately!!
flipped is crying constantly-why don't you answer?

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint