for the worried wells come in and read this immediately!!

first dr bob sorry for stalking u via your messageboard. I was stressed and out of my mind. please post this for the people who are where I was and need comfort

u guys have to trust your results, believe that a 6-8 week negative is very unlikely to change and most importantly do not use your symptoms to diagnose yourself. I am guilty of doing the exact opposite of everything I just told u to do. and I put myself through hell for the last 3 months.

I became obsessed with all of these HIV message boards and spent hours a day, neglecting my work reading about it because I was convinced I had HIV although I had two RNA pcr tests (one at 2 weeks one at 9.5 weeks) and between that time I also had negative antibody tests at 4,5,6,7 and 8 weeks. I read peoples symptoms and was convinced mine were worse- I mean they were but I was convinced my symptoms meant HIV and everyone else was over reacting. it didn't help they my doctor could not diagnose the cause of my symptoms and everytime I went to a new doctor the doctor suggested HIV as the first reason for my symptoms. I still have some of the symptoms but I got my 13 week negative and it wasn't until then that I accepted my previous results and realized I really didn't have HIV. don't do like me and push ur friends away, get written up at work for being on the Internet and cry yourselves to sleep, worrying all day about a virus u likely do not have. just so u all can know u r not alone and symptoms don't mean anything when it comes to HIV I will show u all a portion of my original post. i had unprotected vag intercourse id like to share my symptoms, testing and questions...

symptoms generalized pain in lymph nodes- confirmed swollen by doc in groin and neck and underarms. sore throat stuffy nose unproductive cough for the past 5 weeks and counting diarrhea appetite loss with 6lb weight loss mouth ulcers- still there after 2 months night sweats muscle aches rashes on forearms one itchy one not, rash on back red bumps on chest and around ankle a lot around the ankles random cuts opened and closed- they look like paper cuts vasculitis peripheral neuropathy bump in palm of hand and some peeling skin hands and lips falling asleep an getting numb in the middle of the night increased ob (I have hsv2) muscle twitching 2 flat red bumps on foot bottom all of these things were confirmed by doctors testing 12 days post pooled Naat RNA pcr and ELISA negative 4,5,6,7,8 week ELISA negative 8 week western blott negative 6 week negative on esr test, hep abc. syphillis 9.5 week RNA pcr and ELISA negative

don't waste your 3 months inspectig your bodies, forcing yourselves to overeat (so u don't lose more weight) and driving yourself mad- especially when u have negative results. believe what your healthcare professionals tell u. I had even gotten to a point where I thought they were not performing my tests and only telling me I'm negative to avoid my lunatic behaviors

stay strong my people and wrap it up in the future. it will spare u the guilt and pain of worrying about HIV. the 30 mins of pleasure is not worth the agony we go through worrying about infection. I hope u all take heed to the words I'm sharing and do not ignore them, thinking ur the one in a million who will actually have the virus after testing negative between 4-8 weeks.

to everyone who has it, I respect u and your strength and I pray for your health.

No apology necessary. I certainly understand the anxiety associated with this illness! Thanks for taking the time to write in and share your newfound insights. Hopefully it will be helpful for others still stuck in "worried well hell."

Be well. Stay well.

Red spots
MY BF IS HIV NEGATIF