Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Need donation info, and a final answer.
Jul 28, 2010

I dont want to go into alot of detail on why or how it happened but my penis was in someones mouth for about 1 second. I later found out the person had AIDS. This was a little over a year ago. While I was unaware of the persons status I gave plasma at a donation center for about 3 months without them telling me I had anything wrong with my plasma. But now I'm am very anxiety ridden. I have been getting little spots on my arms that look like broken blood vessels. I also have been feeling a little fatigue and have a swollen lymph node under my jaw BUT there is a broken tooth on the same side. I have been getting nausea also but I'm not sure if thats because of the anxiety. Do these sound like symptoms of hiv a year out? Would the 3 month plasma donation with no problems be conclusive? I also promised a $175 donation and I need some info on where I can do that with a debit/credit card please. Thank you, Doctor Bob. You are a wonderful person!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

I'll make several quick points:

1. A one-second blow job is not a risk for HIV, even if the hoover is positively charged.

2. If you were at all concerned you were HIV infected, you should not have donated plasma! To do so is unconscionable, in my opinion. The testing done at blood donation centers is designed to protect the blood supply, not diagnose HIV infection!

3. Your symptoms are not consistent with HIV. Symptoms, by the way, are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected. If you are worried and feel you've placed yourself at risk for HIV, get an HIV test three months or longer from the date of possible exposure. It really is just that straightforward.

4. Donation information, including the credit card and PayPal links, can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. Thank you for your willingness to help others in desperate need. In return I'm sending you my good-luck karma that you are now and will always be HIV free.

Good luck! Be well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
OCD/ sometimes i dont want to wake up in the morning. please please respond.
Next
Why is hetero vaginal intercourse still said to be risky?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.