OCD/ sometimes i dont want to wake up in the morning. please please respond.

Hi doctor, I truly love the person you are; you're so compassionate and understanding towards all of us. I have severe ocd about hiv, everyday I have severe anxiety about contracting it. Please give me your opinion about my exposure. I was at work and wanted to use the computer so I placed my middle finger tip on a key and I felt something wet on the key. So dumb me wanted to make sure so I placed my middle finger tip on the key again and rubbed it on the key. Sure enough it was wet, sort of greasy. I flipped out and ran to the restroom to grab a paper towel to rub on the key to see it if was blood. It was a dark color almost black and then I ran back to the restroom to wash my hands with soap and water. I noticed I had peeling skin on the sides of my finger nail where I bite my skin along with dry skin on that finger. If this was hiv infected blood, could my bitten skin and peeling/ dry skin be a means for transmission?? Someone used the computer like 3 minutes before me. So it wasn't long at all!! Please help me!b I'm living in fear and most days don't want to wake up from sleep. The anxiety is so bad it hurts sometimes. I make myself sick, I can't stand it! With your help and guidance, I feel I will get the strength to get help if needed. Please tell me if this was an exposure or risk! Please. If a had a million dollars I'd send a lot of money to you, unfortunately I don't but I will send $40 of donation money for your help and dedication to all of us. I don't know what we'd do without you! You're an angel!

The HIV-acquisition risk from the episode you describe is nonexistent. Neither worry nor HIV testing is warranted. If HIV were that easy to get, it would have wiped out the planet long ago!

It does seem your OCD is OOC (out of control). I'd recommend you seek professional help. Psychotherapy (counseling) plus anti-anxiety medication can be extremely helpful in situations like yours.

Thank you for your very kind comments and donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). Both are warmly appreciated. As for being an angel, nah. Devils have way more fun!

Be well.

Undetectable HIV+ partner (bottom) I am HIV- (top) condom broke. I pulled out after less than a min and there was blood on my glans. What should I do?
Need donation info, and a final answer.