|Your input Doc!
Jul 27, 2010
Hello Dr. Bob,
First of all you are the most funny doc around! Period.
Second, I would like your input (more of a reassurance) in terms of HIV risk for the following encounter I had yesterday with a girl:
1) We deep kissed. At some point I tasted blood so I stopped. She didnt complain so I guess it was from my side (I also rinsed with water immediately and I could still taste it for 1-2 mins). Let me point out that I did not have any sores or cuts but later that day I noticed my gums bled a bit-really small amount (sometimes I do have this especially when brushing my teeth). 2) Mutually masturbated. She touched her vagina and after 3-4 minutes she masturbated me. 3) She performed oral sex on me (unprotected).
I know that for 1)...that famous song of yours applies. Does it apply for me as well? 2) and 3)...I also know the risk is as you would say ''negligible''.
Do you agree with me? Do you think that HIV testing is MEDICALLY warranted in my case? Thanks so much. To donate $200.
| Response from Dr. Frascino
1. Does that famous song lyric apply to you? Yep!
2. Mutual masturbation is not considered an HIV-transmission risk. Insertive unprotected oral sex carries only a very slight risk.
As for testing, as I mentioned above your HIV-acquisition risk is very low. Consequently the odds are astronomically in your favor that you did not contract HIV from this sexperience. Testing would be primarily for peace of mind.
Thank you for your generous donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's urgently needed and warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending you my best good-luck/good-health karma that you are now and will always be HIV free.
Good luck. Be well.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Red Spots After Touching Blood Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Stinging Pain After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Can Macrobid Cure Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.