Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Your input Doc!
Jul 27, 2010

Hello Dr. Bob,

First of all you are the most funny doc around! Period.

Second, I would like your input (more of a reassurance) in terms of HIV risk for the following encounter I had yesterday with a girl:

1) We deep kissed. At some point I tasted blood so I stopped. She didnt complain so I guess it was from my side (I also rinsed with water immediately and I could still taste it for 1-2 mins). Let me point out that I did not have any sores or cuts but later that day I noticed my gums bled a bit-really small amount (sometimes I do have this especially when brushing my teeth). 2) Mutually masturbated. She touched her vagina and after 3-4 minutes she masturbated me. 3) She performed oral sex on me (unprotected).

I know that for 1)...that famous song of yours applies. Does it apply for me as well? 2) and 3)...I also know the risk is as you would say ''negligible''.

Do you agree with me? Do you think that HIV testing is MEDICALLY warranted in my case? Thanks so much. To donate $200.

Anthony

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Anthony,

1. Does that famous song lyric apply to you? Yep!

2. Mutual masturbation is not considered an HIV-transmission risk. Insertive unprotected oral sex carries only a very slight risk.

As for testing, as I mentioned above your HIV-acquisition risk is very low. Consequently the odds are astronomically in your favor that you did not contract HIV from this sexperience. Testing would be primarily for peace of mind.

Thank you for your generous donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's urgently needed and warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending you my best good-luck/good-health karma that you are now and will always be HIV free.

Good luck. Be well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Guidelines may need to be revised or clarified
Next
Protected anal sex, but still in a panic

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.