I Am Seeing A Psychologist

Hi Dr. Bob.

I am starting to see a psychologist for my panic and anxiety attacks over the possibility that I still continue to think I might have HIV/Aids even after testing negative. I have been reading on here for the past five years almost everyday and I am greatly encouraged by it. I call HIV/Aids hotlines in different states and after feel relieved by what they tell me. All of this is only temporary as I will then in a few hours or the next day start to worry again. I know this is OCD but I excuse myself with the thought that I had a very real risk, big time, so I have a right to act this way. I should act this way. Doctor Bob my risk was so much unprotected sex with my boss (pediatrics dentist) who turned out to be a sleaze. Maybe it is also guilt because he was married and I believed him that his wife hadn't been a wife to him for years. Everybody has told me that's what sleazes use as an excuse to cheat and get naive girls like me to fool around with them. I had an affair with him for almost three years before I got a little older (started at 21) and wised up and quit working for him and having anything to do with him.

Later, I found out I wasn't the only one he cheated with on his wife like he had told me. (Duh!). He used to tell me it was time, your the first. I found out he even went with escorts. It took me 3 years to be tested and I tested negative thank God. I have now been in a mutually monogamous relationship and am engaged. My fiance knows everything about me and my ex-boss and that I worry so much about HIV even though I tested negative. Dr. Bob, along with psychology help and your advise I hope to move on and have a mentally healthy future with my new husband. My questions I have are: 1. Is an HIV antibody test (Elisa they gave me) okay after a lot of unprotected sex with a sleaze?. 2. Is the Elisa good enough for a high risk exposure? 3. Do you think that just because he was a sleaze that he doesn't have to have HIV? My guilt is also because I was dumb not to insist on condoms. And also a big thanks for reading this long post. The psychologist I am starting to see is a woman, I could not talk with a male psychologist. To shy about all the sexual details. I saw her only once now and have another appointment again on Tuesday. Will be seeing her once a week. Her first response was "what is it about some dentists". My fiance and I will be donating to your organization. Your the greatest. My fiance is such a sweetheart too and I love him to death.

Aimee

Hello Aimee,

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

3. No.

Your negative ELISA test three years after your experiences with Dentist McSleazeball is definitive, conclusive and WOO-HOO-able. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional HIV testing is warranted.

I applaud your decision to get psychological help for your totally irrational completely unwarranted fears of being HIV infected.

Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's very much appreciated.

Be well.

NEVER has been asked; can't find in archives + Generous Donation
Boldly Test?