Donating to your cause felt good...now, how about a car for one more answer
Jul 25, 2010
Dr. B, I am the one from "How About a Lottery Ticket If You Answer My Question". Well, this involved the oral with NGU. I was reading where NGU can, actually, facilitate HIV transmission. Also, here are my exact symptoms from time of last contact with the "Naughty Lady from Shady Lane" (please, be honest with me)...
-2 weeks later, I had severe anal itching (think hemrroids) -I seem to be losing weight, even though I am eating (not as much as before). Rib cages are small, but stomach still big -Got some acne bumps on my face and I am in my late 30s -Skin was itchy, but not any more -My tongue looks white -My muscles, on biceps, forearms and thighs, will feel a little strained for a few minutes during different days -Burning tongue syndrome has gone down, but tongue has slight hurt/discomfort to it -Uvula and back throat a little redder than normal and sometimes sore. - Last night, I was scratching my scalp and had rock hard whiteheads (I sometimes have whiteheads in my scalp, but not this hard/petrified) and black, charcoal-like dandruff/whiteheads.
Pleasse, be brutally honest so that I can prepare and not hurt others.
1) Are my symptoms in line with exposure/contraction? 2) I tested 5 weeks afterwards and the results were negative. Is this a good test to validate my status? 3) What should be my next step?
Response from Dr. Frascino
First of all, I'm always "brutally honest." Why would I be anything but? This is an HIV information website and I'm responding to anonymous questions!
Responding to your new questions:
1. Even with the additional information, my assessment has not changed: "Your symptoms are not suggestive of or consistent with HIV."
2. See below. I already responded to this question and I haven't changed my opinion.
3. A three-month HIV test, which will in all likelihood be negative. If you continue to worry after getting a negative result, you should seek psychological counseling to help you confront your irrational fears.
How About a Lottery Ticket If You Answer My Question Jul 23, 2010
Well, maybe a donation to your foundation -- it's a sure thing, unlike the lottery ticket. Well, here is my scenario...
4/2010 visited sex worker for unprotected oral. during her performance, her mouth came down on my penis and it felt like the inside of the urethra got damaged.
5/21/2010 visited same sex worker for unprotected oral.
6/23/2010 went to clinic. said they found NGU, and gave me doxycycline 100mg for 7 days. also did HIV blood work.
6/25/2010 went to private clinic for rapid test (couldn't take the wait). Result came back negative.
I've been really stressed. I can't eat, my body has been trembling, my heart races and palpatates. My sleep is ruined (I wake up @ 4am worried).
Currently, I have had the following symptoms: - itching - tip of tongue was tingling, 5days, then burning tongue,1.5days -I've noticed yellowish-white film on middle of tongue, towards back. it really gets on in the evenings.
1) what do you think? 2) since i tested @ 5 weeks, what is the likelihood that i may be okay when i test @ 3 months?
please answer, Dr. I value and appreciate your perspective.
Response from Dr. Frascino
Your HIV-acquisition risk is very low. Your symptoms are not suggestive of or consistent with HIV acute retroviral syndrome (ARS). Your negative HIV-antibody test at five weeks is encouraging, but not yet definitive. You'll have to wait for the three-month mark for that. The odds are astronomically in your favor that you did not contract HIV from your oral adventures with the Naughty Lady from Shady Lane.
Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's very much appreciated. In return I'm sending my good-luck karma that your three-month test remains negative.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Dizziness An Acute Symptom Of AIDS?
- Hpv After Sucking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Jock Itch After Receiving Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Tongue After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Reaction Paper Of Sexual Transmitted Infection?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.