Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Dr. Bob -- ITS YOUR SURFER MATES - WITH YET ANOTHER QUESTION - PLEASE ADDRESS!
Jul 22, 2010

Dr. Bob,

How's it hanging? Low ?? ( smile ) We have yet one more question for you.

I woke up early this morning to catch some waves. Maybe a couple of Dr. Bob Specials (Barrel Rolls). So I got up and shaved my face and cut my upper lip with the razor. I bled like I sliced my whole lip off. Now this evening - maybe 8 hours later - My mates and I went to grab some grub. I ordered a beer. Once the suds arrived, I waited 3 minutes before I started drinking it. I know this because that is how long my cell phone call was. 3 minutes. Then I put the glass up to my lips to take a drink and the glass slid down my upper lip and broke my cut open from the morning. Bleeding like a bloody race horse again. Here is my question. If the bartender or waitress is a HIV+ person and got any of the type of fluids onto the glass that contains the HIV+ virus - on my glass. And as I went to take a drink the glass ran over and broke open my cut -- 3 minutes after I was served my suds. So bad, that it made my lip bleed again. What are the chances of me catching the HIV virus if I waited 3 minutes before my lip even touched the glass? What are my chances here Dr. Bob?

Thanks for ALL YOUR LOVE, Surfer Dude (BFF) Hang tight!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Surfer Dude,

Once again your concerns are completely unwarranted. No risk whatsoever.

You should spend more time catching waves and less time with needless HIV worries.

I'm continuing to hang both tight and low.

Dr. Bob

Previous
gonorrhea or prostititis?
Next
$300 Donation! Not just talk, and actual donation! I don't know what to do.

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.