Dang just get tested

I found out my husband contracted HIV though sharing needles. I didn't even know he was on drugs. Two weeks after we had unprotected sex (before I knew he was positive or even a drug addict)I contracted a fever, rash on my stomach, and joint pain so severe I made an appointment thinking I had arthritis or something. Imagine my horror to later find out I was exposed to HIV. I got divorced and for the next two years it was in the back of my mind that there was a very real possibility I had contracted HIV. I just was too much of a coward to take a test. I recently met someone and I knew I had to do it. So I ordered the Home Access test and today I found out I was negative! I am so grateful and also angry at myself that I didn't have the courage or the respect for myself to test. Two years I have lived with this fear when in reality I could have tested at the six month mark and have been done with it. Please please have the courage to test. More often than not it will be negative!!!! I promise my rash looked identical to the ARS rash!!!! Symptoms DO NOT equal disease!!!! Thank you Dr. Frascino. You are an awesome dude.

Thanks for your thanks and for taking the time to write in and share your story. I'm confident it will help others still trapped in their own version of "worried-well-hell."

Be well. Stay well.

Hair Dresser on Fire? NEVER been asked...strange
gonorrhea or prostititis?