|Taking Medications while testing for HIV and Hepatitis
Jul 22, 2010
Hello Dr, I promise i will donate to the organization. I got tested for HIV and Hepatitis C and both test results came back negative. But i just realized i was taking Famcyclovir during my window period because i had the shingles. I was just wondering do I have to retest again or it that medication doesnt effect HIV and hepatitis ? My doctor told me it doesnt but i just wanted to get a second opinion. Thanks
| Response from Dr. Frascino
I agree with your doc! Famciclovir will not affect the validity or accuracy of your HIV and hepatitis tests.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do Birth Control Medications Effect Hepatitis Tests?
- Will Herpes Show Up In A Standard Blood Test?
- Will A Shot Get Rid Of My Chlamydia?
- What Is The Causative Agent Of Herpes?
- What Happens When Bacterial Vaginosis Goes Untreated?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Or Warts From A Safe Exposure With A Prostitute?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.