Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

conclusiveness of test
Jul 22, 2010

Hi doctor Bob, I received oral sex from Fsexworker 178 days ago less than a minute. I tested negative on 55,62,92 and 176 days post exposure. It was rapid HIV test. I showed that report to doctor He told me that the last test taken is 4 days before 180 days or 6 months so has asked me to test >180 days.I told him >24 weeks is enough for conclusiveness of the test. He told me the information given in cyber are not correct. I have read many of the post where you permmitted Woo hoo after >12 weeks test for low risk exposure like mine. I am bit confused now and scared. I am great dilemma whether follow the things posted in this site or follow my doctor or move.Please I need your oppinion. I know there are similar post in this site but I still want assurance and oppinion from you. I will donante please answer my question. I was about to woo hoo but it was short lived after meeting my doctor.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Your repeatedly negative HIV-antibody tests following your very low-risk potential exposure are definitive, conclusive and WOO-HOO-able. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how.

If your doctor doesn't agree, I'd suggest you consider finding a more knowledgeable physician.

Be well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Medication
Next
Taking Medications while testing for HIV and Hepatitis

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.