(5/28 ")Bucket list backlash"...back at ya ! (7/20)

Have I reached an end of testing ? Like most it's easy to doubt the benefit of test results and continue on ad infinitum . . . Here's testing to date post possible exposure : 3 wk 4d Unigold Blood 1/2 NEG. 5wk 1d: Ora Quick Advance Blood 1/2 :NEG. 7w 2d: Ora Quick Advance Blood 1/2 :NEG. 9w 3d: Ora Quick Advance Blood 1/2: NEG. 9w 5d: PCR RNA & Elisa Blood :NEG. 10w 3d: Ora Quick Advance Blood 1/2 :NEG. 12wk 2d: Ora Quick Advance Blood 1/2 : NEG. Instant tests were done rotating at 3 different clinics just in case batches were bad ..? Physician at one clinic commented that if initial sick symptoms were ARS one would almost surely have tested positive 2-3 weeks later,true ? At 9wk tests forward every nurse/ clinician commented that at that point tests were definitive ...? PCR/Elisa Doc said testing STOPS at her results ..? I continued on for the 12+ week test , is it woo hoo time or WHOO HOO time ..?

8w 2d: unigold

Welcome back and WOO-HOO to you!

Your repeatedly negative HIV-antibody tests and undetectable HIV PCR RNA out to 12 weeks are definitive, conclusive, excessive and WOO-HOO-able.

Be well. Stay well. Stop testing!

Bucket list backlash . . .? May 28, 2010

I thought i knew it all, as an about to "experiment" STR8 male I read about risks before starting my quest . There would be no anal either way ! . As a much older in shape male , I had an encounter with a 22 year young college boy . Basically I was the recipient of his oral favors . After being asked and confirming his last tests were negative .I performed 20 seconds of dry deep throat oral with no discernible pre-cum (?) and definitely no ejaculation (he masturbated himself much later). The next morning my throat was sore , 3 days later , swollen tonsils, fever, cough .I saw my primary care physician , he said he'd seen a 5 fold increase in his office of such symptoms over the last month or so . After a five day course of antibiotics everything mostly cleared up , the whole real sick episode lasted 5-6 days . Still slight sore throat and a feeling of slight swelling still in tonsils here on post exposure day 31 and a dry cough (This is typical course of sickness for me , ending with a slow to disappear cough) Being paranoid I went to the local clinic on 25th day post encounter and had a full panel std blood draw and an OraQuick 20 minute blood test , that at this time was of course negative . I'm reading so much more than what I should have before any encounter, I'll be getting tested at week 6 -8-and of course 12 , at the very least. Your thoughts on possible exposure and symptoms ....? I have taken a worst case scenario that perhaps the lad was positive since his last test and that there was some unnoticed pre-cum ...?

Another "STR8" male experimenting with gay sex and then freaking out. WOWZA, you're like the fifth one this week. There must be a Southern Baptist Religious Zealot conference on "the joys of abstinence or the 100% efficacy of curing homosexuality with prayer" in town.

The risk of HIV acquisition from oral sex (no matter what sexual orientation the tallywhacker down your throat happens to be) is very low.

"Symptoms" are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected. Symptoms associated with HIV acute retroviral syndrome generally manifest themselves two to three weeks after HIV primary infection (not the next day!).

Your negative HIV test on day 25 is encouraging; however, HIV-antibody tests taken prior to the three-month mark are not considered definitive or conclusive. I'd suggest you spend some time perusing the wealth of information in the archives of this forum. You'll find many testimonials from other "STR8" males discussing coming to terms with their sexual orientation. We also have an entire chapter dedicated to oral sex. Check it out.

Good luck, no matter which on side of the proverbial fence you ultimately land.

A symptom I haven't heard before
The Real World Pedro- Your Opinion