I <3 You Dr. Bob!

So basically, last year I had a mental catastrophe when I was convinced I was HIV+. I came on here and you provided me with peace of mind. I ended up testing negative 3 months and 6 months post exposure. I just want to offer thanks from the bottom of my heart for your assistance during that rough time in my life. I ended up taking a class at my university about HIV/AIDS, and I now know more about the virus, its life cycle, and treatments than even my parents do (and they're both doctors!) It was the first A+ I have ever received in a college course. I also joined the Face AIDS group on campus. You have inspired me so much Dr. Bob, to continue donating my money and time to this cause. I am graduating early and I hope to partake in an HIV/AIDS education program somewhere (hopefully I can handle Africa!)

I sincerely hope things are going well with you.... and thank you again for everything you have taught me. Sincerely, your #1 college student fan

P.S. In my AIDS class, we had a guest speaker who was sort of poking fun at all the misconceptions about people who have HIV - the entire class was hysterical after he read a question that had been submitted on this board about catching HIV through farts. Hahahaha.

Thanks for your thanks. I'm delighted you've not only found peace of mind, but also joined the battle against the pandemic! BRAVO! And welcome to the fight!

I'm also extremely pleased to hear the guest lecturers in your college course on HIV/AIDS are using examples drawn from this forum! I'll repost one of the "fart" posts below for our readers enjoyment.

Be well. Stay well.

i smelled hiv charged farts... help! Sep 9, 2009

there wasnt any odor, but i know i inhaled them, i know inhalation is a route of medicine administration, so it does gets to your bloodstream, the other reason is that i have a weak immmune system so that increases my chances of contracting the virus, (i have a masters of public health) i dont want to wait 3 months, is PCR recommended? thanks wonderful dr. bobby... Linda

Hi Linda,

You have a master's degree in public health and you're worried that you may have contracted HIV because you smelled odorless HIV-charged farts????? Tell me Linda, where did you get that public health master's diploma? EBay perhaps???

Linda, let's you and I think this through, OK? If HIV were transmitted by airborne farts, wouldn't everyone who has dinner in a Mexican restaurant be infected? I mean come on; those refried beans can generate enough combustible gas to launch the space shuttle, right?

So relax Linda. HIV is not transmitted via farts, fragrant or otherwise.

i had to get a rohgam shot
Donation was made. Please dont ignore my question--- "ABOUT rapid test kit". (6th time uploading)