is it true gay "tops" are less likely

I had unprotected sex while under the influence with someone I did not know was HIV positive. I am going to get tested still, but is there a better chance I did not contract it since I "topped". I fear that the dumb mistake I made while under the influence and not clearly thinking will result in me having to cope with HIV.

The "bottom" (receptive) partner is always at greater statistical risk of acquiring HIV than the "top" (insertive) partner. This holds true for all types of penetrative sex -- oral, anal or vaginal; and also for all sexual orientations -- gay, straight, bi-curious, closeted rightwing religious zealots, etc.

That said, even though being the top decreases the risk, it certainly doesn't eliminate it. Testing is definitely warranted out to six months for a significant HIV exposure.

Dr. Bob, please see this artice from the Dallas morning news and comment on it. I dont know why i read this one.
Risk Assessment