HIV/AIDS CLINIC-NURSE NEEDS ADVICE. Donation added!

I work at an HIV/AIDS Clinic in a urban setting. I usually am OK with working there and rarely have fears.

1. I used the restroom directly after our HIV patients (like as he walked out, I walked in) I sat on the toilet seat and DID NOT use a seat cover; NO SEAT COVER, in fact I usually never use seat covers. Is this wrong?? Now I'm worried if the patient had Blood or even semen on the seat, then I sit down. I know HIV virus dies fast, but I use the restroom like 1 second after them at times. Is this a risk? I do have genital herpes as well as small little acne bumps on my rear end (gross I know) Is this a risk or should I go back to not even letting it bother me and do my job without worrying?

2. I don't ever remember checking the toilet to see if there is blood or semen on it, so is this another reason to worry?

3. Also, what about flushing the toilet after an HIV/AIDS patient? Considering they touch their genital to pee then use the same hand to flush. And if I have cuts, peeling skin or I remember one time getting a finger prick test and then using the bathroom after a patient; are these risks/

I will gladly donate $50.00 to you and your cause, it's the least I can do for all that you do! I also send great karma points to you! Thank you

-Nurse Betty ;)

Hello Nurse Betty,

Your fears are irrational and unwarranted.

1. "Is this a risk or should I go back to not even letting it bother me and do my job without worrying?" Definitely the latter! The only way you can catch HIV in that bathroom stall is by having unsafe sex with an HIVer!

2. Nope!

3. Absolutely no risk.

I would suggest you spend some time perusing the wealth of information in the archives of this forum, paying particular attention to exactly how HIV is and is not transmitted. I'm confident you'll find the information enlightening and reassuring.

Thank you for your donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated.

Be well.

Thanks, Dr. Bob
Please please help! Mistake of my life!!!