The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Did I give my brother HIV? resubmitted form the Fatigue and Anemia Forum

Jul 18, 2010

So, last night I was masturbating in the bathroom and I had ejaculated semen in different places around the floor. After, I took toilet paper and wiped it up, making sure there wasn't any "noticable" amounts left. After I left, my brother walked in bare-footed and i'm not sure if he had any open skin/cuts on his feet (I asked him if he had any cuts on his feet and he said no). What I am worried about is that is it possible that from my semen, could I give my brother HIV? I mean, I cleaned it up with dry toilet paper but who knows how small HIV is, so if I do have it I'm not sure if I could of left reminants. I've never had sex and never shared drugs... i feel like i'm HIV OCDing! Edit: also, I believe both my parents are HIV-negative, and I've never been told by doctors or parents I have HIV or any other STD... Sorry about posting in wrong place!

Response from Dr. Frascino


Glad you found the proper forum to post your question!

Your HIV-related concerns are irrational and unwarranted. You are indeed "HIV-OCDing"! I'd suggest you seek counseling (psychotherapy). Living with such anxieties is uncomfortable and unnecessary. Peruse the archives of this forum. I'm confident you'll find the information and testimonials both enlightening and rewarding.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Please answer I will donate.(Will match last one)
can i catch std

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint