Sexually assaulted part II

Hi, I had wrote in about getting sexually assaulted and was worried about the guy that kept poking my arms and legs with his fingers and then tried to choke me; I was worried because his finger was slightly bleeding. Now I was wearing a sweater and leggings and I thought that it would be completely non- existent. I wasn't sure if by him poking me hard, that would be enough to get tested. There was no penetration and he didn't touch my private parts; he tried.

I don't know if when you said to take a 3 month test, if that was because you felt like it was a risk or am I reading too much into it? I guess the "essentially non existent" and the advice to maybe take a test has got me worried. One last thing, I remember he laughed really hard when I started cursing at him and he sprayed saliva in the air RIGHT next to me, not directly in my face. Is this a risk?

I promise to send another $40 with my last $20 donation. I would really apprecaite another response. This whole thing has made me so paranoid and nervous about everything. I truly, truly appreciate it!!

Sorry for the confusion. My response was intended to reassure you, not make you worry even more!

With the additional informant you have just provided, you can now delete the "essentially" component to my "essentially nonexistent" risk assessment, OK?

Please also note from my initial response (see below) I recommended you consider an HIV-antibody test only if my reassurance was not enough for you to put your unwarranted fears permanently to rest. Testing is not medically indicated; it would be for peace of mind only. As I mentioned I'm confident the result would be negative.

Regarding the saliva spray, absolutely no risk.

To sum up for clarity:

1. Your risk, including the poking and the saliva spray, is nonexistent.

2. HIV testing is not medically warranted or recommended.

Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Be well.

Sexually assaulted. Need advice + Donation Jul 10, 2010

A few weeks ago I was in a situation where I was sexually assaulted. Luckily there was NO penetration! But he did grope me and now I'm worried about contracting HIV. Here are my questions:

A. He kept poking my arms and legs with his finger while he was talking to me, they were VERY hard pokes then I noticed his fingers were slightly beleeding. Is this a risk for HIV transmission if he poked my arms or legs and I had a small cut or anything?

B. Also, he tried choking me and put his hands around my neck (again his fingers were slightly bleeding and if I had cuts or anything on my neck)

Is any of this a risk? I don't want to leave a check for donation because I don't want to leave my name and so on (legal issues) So is cash ok?? Thank you so much for your time and willingness to help us. We love you.

Hopefully you reported the assault and the perpetrator is now behind bars.

Regarding your HIV risk, it's essentially nonexistent. If you remain worried despite my reassurance, get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark for peace of mind. I'm confident the result will be negative.

Regarding donations to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation, yes, we certainly accept cash (and every other form of donation). Donation information including the foundation's address can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org.

Be well.

RE: Dr. Bob please don't ignore was your infection really a needle stick accident??? (DR. BOBS OCCUPATIONAL EXPOSURE, 2010)
since this fom existes u r almost a family member to me. Can you just reply to me? (ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF RECURRENT IRRATIONAL HIV FEARS, 2010)