HIV I/II antibody test can be done in few hours, is that true?

Dear Dr Bob,

My bf has just went for HIV I/II antibody test. On the report slip, it said non-reactive. However, i noticed that the requested date for the test and the date which the lab printed the report is the same date. I asked the Dr how can it be possible to get the test done in just 1 day as i always thought it will take up to 3 days. According to him, he said it only take few hours to get the test done and it is very accurate. Dr Bob, is this true? Thanks!

Regards Miss Worried

With newer generation rapid tests accurate results can be obtained in as few as 20 minutes! Consequently it's entirely possible your boyfriend's test results were available the same day.

Shingles with past "low risk" exposures (SHINGLES, 2010)
gardasil / treatment of warts / beneficial?