Important Question

Dr. Bob, First i really appreciate how you respond so fast to our questions-thats an indication that you care. I have been having a problem with my stomach for many years. This year the condition escalated and i have been to two different GI doctors. They did MRI, Barium Endoscopy with Biopsy. The results came back negative but the doctor did find extensive inflammation in the stomach and the first quadrant of the small intestine. I have been having nausea, bloating, diarrhea and abdominal pain. At times i have trouble keeping the food down and the nausea is unbearable. The doctor says he cannot understand what is happening with me. He gave me Lotronex, Sucralfate and Omeprazole but the meds only helps for a couple of hours before my symptom returns (After the meds list he had given me Ondansetron but took me off of it. Now i do not know what to do because i already had two opinions and they don't understand what is the matter with me. My stomach has been so blotted and everyone notices it.Please advise, what should i do?? I live in WA State.

Thank you.

Unfortunately I cannot diagnose specific medical conditions over the Internet. Complex problems require a full evaluation, including a history, review of all laboratory studies and physician examination. Since this is an HIV information Web site, I'm assuming you are HIV infected. I would suggest you ask your HIV physician specialist for a referral to an HIV-knowledgable gastroenterologist or go to a tertiary referral center at your nearest medical center for a more extensive evaluation.

False Negative Results
Thank You - You Saved my Marriage , but More Importantly - I realize there is a Problem - PLEASE POST