False Negative Results
Jul 10, 2010
Hello Dr Bob, I Read And Hear About The False Positive Results That Comes Up Once In While When Donating Blood Because Of The Testing They Do. How About False Negative Results
Thank You For You Time Anthony
Response from Dr. Frascino
False-negative results are not a problem, due to the sensitivity and specificity of the screening tests. They are set to capture all true positives, even if they also capture some false positives along the way. They want to make sure they don't miss an HIV infected donor.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Life Expectancy Of Hiv Positive People
- I Think I Had Sex Last Night With Someone With Hiv
- If You Take A Cbc Test Can It Detect If You Have Hiv?
- Spotting Fake Hiv Test Results
- Is It Difficult For A Man To Contract Hiv From A Woman Through Normal Vaginal Intercourse?
- What Color Are Hiv Spots On Your Skin?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.