HEY SURFER DR.BOB -- IT'S THE MATES WITH A QUESTION - PLEASE HELP -- YOU'RE THE COOLEST!

Hey Dude - Dr. Bob with RESPECT,

I have two issues that I think you can help us hommes understand. We knew such a cool Dr. as yourself you could help us with these questions.

1.) We get pretty messed up feet when we surf (as you well know) so my question is this. I wear what are called fishermen sandals. They look like a shoe wit holes that can allow your feet to breathe. When I get home I walk around the house and then I take them off and walk around bare foot. What are the chances of HIV+ coming off the bottom of my sandals and with my messed up feet -- cuts, scrapes, coral cuts, and messed up toe nails. What are the chances of catching the HIV virus this way? I don't know what I walked or stepped in. ""Then I get home walk around for a few seconds and then take off my shoes and immediately walk around the house barefoot."" Who knows what is on the bottom of the shoes or sandals. What are the chances of catching HIV this way if I did indeed step into something and brought it in the house took my sandals off and immediately walked in the same tracks as when I had my shoes or sandals on? Remember the condition of my feet! Even at their worst - what are the chances of catching the HIV virus like this?

2.) What about walking bare foot on the beach? Can we catch the HIV virus like this if somebody who has HIV+ - we walked in their tracks? or walking just ahead of us? Remember our feet. Even at their worst- What are our chances of catching the virus like this?

3.) Last question -- What about walking anywhere bare foot? Up and down the boardwalk -- Anywhere -- Again, Can we catch the HIV virus like this if somebody who has HIV+ - we walked in their tracks? or is walking just ahead of us? Remember our feet. Even at their worst--What are our chances of catching the virus like this?

Thanks Dr. Surfer Bob - You're the coolest around, Surfer dude Hang tight !!

Hey Surfer Dude,

1. Even at its worst, the HIV-acquisition risk would be completely nonexistent.

2. Even at its worst, the HIV-acquisition risk would be completely nonexistent.

3. Even at its worst, the HIV-acquisition risk would be completely nonexistent.

Surfer Dude you remain way too concerned about HIV. Remember, HIV is an extremely fragile virus that does not live for very long at all outside the body. It clearly could not stand the heat on Bell's Beach or the boardwalk along Bondi Beach.

Don't let HIV paranoia ruin your day at the beach (or your life).

I'm hanging . . . .

Do u know this medicne
Husband Dentist Exposed to HIV on Job Yesterday