Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I already donated Please do not ignore me...I beg u
Jul 8, 2010

Hi Dr. Bob,

Please help Dr. BoB I gave up my big lunch to save money for donation. This is my concern,I am a married man in Australia, 5 days ago,I went to a public toilet which 2 men having oral sex. After that I received a handjob from a man, who received an oral sex from another man until I ejaculated.(Just mutual masturbation that's all).The problem is that in the toilet was very dark so that I could not see the mans hands which might have his or another mans semen or precum. Yesterday, I went back to the toilet again to met the man who gave me a hand job. I checked his penis and hands which no dried or fresh cut and wound at all (4 days later). I would like to ask you that 1. Is that possible I could get HIV infection from the man if his hand had some precum or semen and gave me a handjob until I ejaculated? 2. Is that true Mutual masturbation is safe from HIV, regardless having precum, semen or not? 3.No one get HIV injection from this? Have you changed your answer for that yet? 3. Before I received a handjob from a man, that day, I masturbated myself 3 times (my wife was away for 1 week). Would my penis be worn from that so that if there was some precum or semen on the mans hand, his precum could goes inside penis easier? (No visible cut) 4. I have searched from several websites; it said that HIV Virus can survive outside well at 20 C degree. The night I received a handjob from a man about 20 C this could put me to higher risk? 5. Do I need to stop having sex with my wife for 3 months until I have the test? Best Regards Kris

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Kris,

I'll be brief, as I've addressed many questions similar to yours in the past. Check the archives for more details if needed. OK?

Mutual masturbation is not considered a significant risk for HIV transmission/acquisition. However, if you feel you've placed yourself at risk for HIV, you should get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark and use latex condoms for penetrative sex with your wife during the three-month window period. I would also advise you level with your wife, as it's not only the best way to confront your guilt, but it's also the right thing to do. Counseling may be useful to help you address sexual orientation issues.

The odds are all in your favor that you did not contract HIV from this manhandling man-in-the-men's-room adventure.

Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's very much appreciated. In return I'm sending my good-luck karma that your definitive three-month HIV-antibody test is negative. I'm confident it indeed will be.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Sex with no ejaculation...
Next
PLEASE RE-READ... ADDITIONAL INFORMATION - Please Help Me Dr. Bob - I do not want to lose my wife !

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.