Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Sex with no ejaculation...
Jul 7, 2010

My boyfriend is H.I.V. positive, we've recently had sex in which it was unprotected, and he didn't ejaculate inside of me, and when I topped him I just rimmed him and nutted inside of him, I didn't feel any of his juices get on my penis. Am I in the clear or should I be concerned?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Are you in the clear? No, you are not.

Should you be concerned? Yes, you should.

Unprotected sex places you at risk for STDs, including HIV. That you knew your boyfriend is HIV infected and you chose to have unprotected anal sex with him places you at considerable risk. But you knew that already, didn't you? Of course you did. And if on the off chance you were home-schooled or recently teleported here from another galaxy and didn't know that barebacking was risky, your positively charged partner certainly should have known!

My advice is that you stop putting yourself at risk immediately. That means use latex condoms for all penetrative sex. You and your virally enhanced boyfriend should read through the chapters in the archives of this forum devoted to magnetic couples, HIV sexual prevention and safer sexual techniques. You should an HIV-antibody test now. If that is negative, you will also need follow-up tests at both the three- and six-month marks.

I hope this response will serve as a wakeup call for you; as in "wake up and smell the AZT!"

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Please Dr. Bob, im dying here!!!!!!!!!!! I know i will get ignored again!
Next
I already donated Please do not ignore me...I beg u

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.