Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Please Dr. Bob, im dying here!!!!!!!!!!! I know i will get ignored again!
Jul 7, 2010

Dear Dr. Bob i have had 5 HIV TESTS in the past year 1/2. All where hiv 1/0/2 ICMA tests which were negative/non-reactive. My problem is from various sites (including this one) is hearing it has taken longer than 6 months extremely rarely and some people NEVER test positive...!!?? What, im having a real hard time dealing with this for just this reason. I hope that there are reasons for these cases and not just some random joe shmo taking longer for the hell of it. I want to get back to regular life yet sometimes feel is overwhelming and think suicide, i want my 1 year 3 month test to be final but i think im finally teetering over the edge. Do you accept paypal?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Relax Max. Yes, there are reasons for the extremely rare cases of delayed seroconversion and it's not your average "joe shmo taking longer for the hell of it."

Your repeatedly negative ICMA HIV 1/0/2 tests over the past 1.5 years are definitive, conclusive, WOO-HOO-able and move-on-able! HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional HIV tests are warranted. If you are having difficulty accepting the overwhelming and irrefutable evidence that you are HIV negative and especially if you are feeling "overwhelmed and thinking of suicide," you should seek the help of a psychiatrist. Psychotherapy combined with anti-anxiety/antidepressant medication can be very helpful. Don't "teeter over the edge." Just get the help you need and you'll soon be WOO-HOO-ing rather than worrying. Remember, HIV is not your problem, OK?

Regarding PayPal, yes, The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation does accept PayPal as well as nearly every other form of donation (credit cards, checks, cash, direct wire transfer, appreciated securities, etc.). Donation information and the PayPal link can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. Thanks for your desire to help others in desperate need. In return I'm sending you my good-luck/good-health karma that you are now and will always be HIV free.

Good luck. Be well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Whose co#k do I have to suck to get an answer around here?
Next
Sex with no ejaculation...

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.