hiv since 1992

POZ since 92 , i had an aids diagnosis 2008 pcp,tb,thrush , pneumothorax , i was on meds sustiva , truvada but i feel the sustiva made my depression worse , and i threw my tablets away , went rapidly downhill and ended up in hospital with all the above , now on atripla and a cd4 of 520 last test , my question really is will i have long to live now i have been really ill iam 53 now hiv when i was 35 , and depressed because of what happened to me ,

It's unfortunate you discontinued your antiretrovirals. This allowed HIV to replicate rapidly and severely damage your immune system to the point you became vulnerable to and actually contracted several opportunistic infections. It is possible Sustiva worsened your depression. It is often not used in folks who have significant problems with depression. You and your HIV specialist should have considered switching to an alternative regimen that did not use Sustiva. But all that is in the past. What's important now is the present and the future. I do not have a crystal ball to predict the future, but if you are currently on effective combination antiretroviral therapy that is well tolerated, has driven your HIV plasma viral load to undetectable levels, and has resulted in a significant rise in your CD4 cell count, your prognosis is good! If you are still having difficulty with depression ("depressed because of what happened to me"), talk to your HIV specialist. Your Atripla contains Sustiva, the same medication you did not tolerate in the past. For all HIVers, the best way to remain healthy is to work closely with a competent physician and to strictly adhere to their medication regimen.

Is HIV transmitted by receiving oral sex?
Response - Going nuts ,..