Failed to take PEP

Hello Mr. Frascino.

First, let me say I appreciate very much what you do. Wanted to ask: Normally I get PEP(now final days)at 3 am and 3 pm every day. but today i fell a sleep and did not take the dose at 3 am. I woke up at 9am and took it. I wanted to know if I should take the next dose again at 3 pm or wait until 9pm(or something in the middle) and continue like that till saturday(when I get the 28 days)?

Thank in your advance for your time and counselling. Take care. P.

A strict 12-hour interval isn't necessary. Just take your PEP twice per day. Once in the morning and once in the evening. A 3 a.m. dose is unreasonable and unnecessary.

Good luck!

Advice for serodiscordent couple (PROPER CONDOM USE, 2010) (PROPER CONDOM TECHNIQUE, 2010)
May i get HIV