Coming at you from 36,000 feet in the sky.

Hello Doctor Bob,

Coming at you form high in the sky ay around 30K feet on my way to the west coast. I have been going through some troubeling times currently and in a bit of a dilemma looking for your expertise.

I am a hetero male and engaged to my beautiful fiance. Unfortunantly, an experience which happened 2.5 years ago which has some unresolved symptoms has been troubling me.

here is the jist of it: 2.5 years ago I had a one time encounter of unprotected vaginal and oral sex on a drunk college escapde. ( out of my usual charater) I am in my early 20's and have only been with 4 woman prior to my fiance.

2 weeks after this encounter I developed a rash on the glans of my penis. also pain upon ejaculation end an extremely red urethral opening. No notiable discharge or pain during uriniation. The doctors assumed chlamydia however the urinalysis were negitive for chla. gon. and trich.

another 2 weeks went by and I became very ill. Will conjuctivitis in both my eyes, white pus pockets on my tonsils, sore throat lasting several months, low grade fever and gernerlized swollen lymphnodes which are still here and actually sting periodically. I became a chronic tester for HIV because I thought I most certainly caught this virus. All in all I tested 15 times in the first year after then I had taken an oraquick advance at about 2 years after the encounter. all were neg.

my current troubling symptoms are painless red blood spots which appear almost weekly on the inside of my cheeks ~ 2-3 mm in diameter and dissappear after a few days then end up re-appearing, Extreme red and cryptic tonsils that form stones every now and then ( from food I know) , my skin was so clean and now I am getting more and more cherry angisomes and new moles and freckles, a strange tingling sensation that eradicates in my lower abdomin and extremities., and the mos troubling this is the persistant generalized lymphadenopathy.

I am troubled be cause after a year of testing my GP said there was no way it could be HIV at that point. My fiance was further tested even though she has only been with 1 person before we engaged in monogamous unprotected intercourse. Now however after being with me for 2 years she is getting constant headaches, lower abdominal pains , spotty periods (could be from the birth control )ect.

questions :

Do I need to retest? is HIV even a remote possiability or is it non existant ?

is it possiable tha tthis is chronic chlamydia even though I tool Doxy early on several years ago?

Please offer any advice as I greatly appreciate it.

thank you for your time and ahhh im ready to get off this plane.

1. No. You've had way too many already. Exactly what part of "HIV negative" are you having difficulty understanding? HIV is not your problem. No way. No how.

2. Doxy would most likely resolve a chlamydia infection. However, if you're still worried about STDs, see your doctor for an evaluation and STD screen.

I can't diagnose the cause of your symptoms over the Internet, but I can with great certainty advise what's not causing them: It's not HIV. You should see an ENT physician to evaluate your cryptic tonsils. This condition can cause swelling of the lymph nodes.

Good luck. And remember to make sure your tray table is in its full upright and locked position for landing.

Pregnant with preliminary positive result (UPDATE)
Thank you for posting my question: Depressed Italian Girl