Just Needing Confirmation

Hi Dr. Bob, I really appreciate your help here on the web. I am a gay male who gets tested once or sometimes even twice a year here in the SF Bay Area. The testing place I use sends me to Labcorp. I talked with a volunteer Hiv/Aids phone counselor who told me that if the lab is certified the tests are monitored. I don't think the physician would use a lab that was not certified right? And with your experience would you agree with the volunteer that the tests would be monitored? I thank you so much Dr. Bob as you make it so much easier for people to ask these questions more than with their regular doctors or trained volunteers over the phone. You are really needed in these times. Was fun to share in the 40th anniversary of the pride parade in SF this Saturday. Look forward to the AIDS walk in Golden Gate Park July 18th.

Jacob

Hi Jacob,

I agree a San Francisco Bay Area physician would not use a lab that was not certified. (LabCorp is indeed certified and yes, the testing is monitored.)

I missed the Pride celebration in SF this year, as I was out of town. Hopefully I'll be around for the AIDS Walk.

Be well Jacob!

Struggling to carry on....please reply pt 3!!
spit or swallow which is safer ? (SPIT OR SWALLOW, 2010)