BAD DEATH

Hello Doc, I am from Pakistan. Talking HIV/AIDS is a taboo here. If someone gets HIV, he cant do anything except to wait for Bad Death!

I traveled to Shenzhen China in January 2010. I had some sexual activity there. A protected sex with a sex worker using a condom, a blowjob by a lady whom i didn't know very well and mouth to mouth kissing with a girl at a bar. The last of these encounters was by 31st Jan 2010.

I tested for HIV after approximately 20 weeks. The result was negative. Should i test again after 6 months? Please advice, as I don't have any reliable source here to ask.

Thanks

I would consider your negative HIV test at 20 weeks to be definitive and conclusive. Your HIV-acquisition risks were very low.

As for HIV/AIDS being taboo and not being able to do anything but wait for "Bad Death," I would suggest you do all in your power to change this immoral and unconscionable situation. Things won't change until people begin to speak up and demand change. As Margaret Mead once said, "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Be well.

Symptoms 3 days after exposure? Is it possible?
Struggling to carry on....please reply pt 3!!