Standing up for what is right

Dear Dr. Frascino,

The other week there were a significant amount of drunken people on my old university campus that I happened to be cycling through.

A group of three males started calling out to me using various slurs commonly directed at homosexuals, which I do not feel need repeating. I am unsure why I did, but I decided to stop and enquire with them what their problem was.

While stopped they continued to insult me, and then upon noticing that I had a shirt with an illustration of the African continent on it, they immediately became very racist. Being a person who has lived and worked in, and naturally cares a significant amount about, Africa, I was not about to let them think that no one would stand against their antediluvian opinions. This led to me getting punched once in the face, resulting in a mild abrasion to the upper portion of my lip and a split lip on the inside of my mouth. I remained standing against the three of them, and they ran off when they saw campus security.

I was hoping that you would be able to answer a quick question (which I imagine you are able to guess!):

Should I be worried about possible HIV or Hepatitis C transmission?

Thanks so much for what you do and who you are.

Kindest Regards, Hopeful for a better tomorrow

I certainly hope the campus cops caught the antediluvian morons. I applaud your efforts to combat homophobia, racism and hate-mongering. No doubt these cretins have earned themselves massive amounts of bad cosmic karma, which will come back to kick them in the ass at the appropriate time. Perhaps they will be reborn as dung-eating beetles in the deserts of Afghanistan.

As for your HIV/hepatitis C risk, relax. It's nonexistent. Neither worry nor testing is warranted.

Be well.

ARS - please, please help - I'll gladly help with a donation!
I know I'm just being silly...