Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Standing up for what is right
Jun 29, 2010

Dear Dr. Frascino,

The other week there were a significant amount of drunken people on my old university campus that I happened to be cycling through.

A group of three males started calling out to me using various slurs commonly directed at homosexuals, which I do not feel need repeating. I am unsure why I did, but I decided to stop and enquire with them what their problem was.

While stopped they continued to insult me, and then upon noticing that I had a shirt with an illustration of the African continent on it, they immediately became very racist. Being a person who has lived and worked in, and naturally cares a significant amount about, Africa, I was not about to let them think that no one would stand against their antediluvian opinions. This led to me getting punched once in the face, resulting in a mild abrasion to the upper portion of my lip and a split lip on the inside of my mouth. I remained standing against the three of them, and they ran off when they saw campus security.

I was hoping that you would be able to answer a quick question (which I imagine you are able to guess!):

Should I be worried about possible HIV or Hepatitis C transmission?

Thanks so much for what you do and who you are.

Kindest Regards, Hopeful for a better tomorrow

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

I certainly hope the campus cops caught the antediluvian morons. I applaud your efforts to combat homophobia, racism and hate-mongering. No doubt these cretins have earned themselves massive amounts of bad cosmic karma, which will come back to kick them in the ass at the appropriate time. Perhaps they will be reborn as dung-eating beetles in the deserts of Afghanistan.

As for your HIV/hepatitis C risk, relax. It's nonexistent. Neither worry nor testing is warranted.

Be well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
ARS - please, please help - I'll gladly help with a donation!
Next
I know I'm just being silly...

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.