Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Anonymous Testing
Jun 28, 2010

Hey Dr. Rob,

Thanks for taking the time to inform people who, in many cases, are obsessing and freaking out. I am wanting to get an HIV test in Tennessee. I recently got a new job and I know that if I were to test positive it could really effect my chances of being insured. I know that anonymous testing exists in many states but I'm not sure if TN is one of them. Do you happen to know of any anonymous testing sites in my state? I thought you may have easier access to information whereas, I'm stuck googling. Also, if anonymous testing is not available nearby, I'm probably going to order a test from requestatest.com. How reliable are these at-home tests?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Tennessee is a bit distant from my usual stomping grounds. It's possible there may be some anonymous (rather than "confidential") testing sites there, but I don't know for certain. One option would be to use the FDA-approved home test "Home Access Express Test." The test sensitivity and specificity approach 100% and it's completely anonymous. You can read more about the Home Access Express Test as well as anonymous versus confidential HIV testing in the archives of this forum.

Good luck!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Exposure to masseuse with unknown HIV(donation on its way)..
Next
Death Wait

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.