Will you admit you were wrong Doctor?

When it finally comes out that what has been affecting me and my wife for the past 10 months is indeed HIV , will you admit that you were wrong and that it it possible to test negative beyond the 6 months that is automatically excepted even in the face of obvious symptoms and health issues? I know more than I have even known anything before that I am suffering from HIV and the pain I have had to endure was entirely not necessary if not for the close minded, doctors who were to sure or busy to even listen to what my body was saying and showing. I bet when I find out I am infected my message does not even get posted,M.

Hello M,

I have absolutely no difficulty admitting when I am wrong. However, my chances of being wrong about your HIV status are beyond remote. As I have told you before, there is a world of difference between thinking you are HIV positive and actually being infected with the virus.

Doctor Please don't ignore this, I know I'm infected May 18, 2010

I am 100 percent sure I have HIV. I previously mentioned that both myself and my wife both experienced shingles. Now I have constant intense headaches, major abdominal pains and a sore, raw throat that hurts very much. I have had a white spot on my right swollen tonsil for over a month now that did not go away or improve with three rounds of antibiotics. My throat hurts and I have muscle aches all over. I know I have HIV but have tested negative to 36 weeks, what can I do?

You are 100% sure you have HIV and have tested HIV negative out to 36 weeks? Hmm. Sorry, but I disagree with your self diagnosis. Testing HIV negative out to 36 weeks is considered definitive and conclusive. A negative FDA-approved HIV-antibody test outside the window period trumps symptoms each and every time.

I can't diagnose the cause of your symptoms over the Internet, but what I can do with complete confidence is advise you what is not causing them: It's not HIV. No way. No how. No further HIV testing is warranted.

My advice is:

Stop perseverating on an illness that you do not have: HIV!

Follow up with a good general internist for any persistent problems or symptoms. But remember, these are not HIV related.

Read through the archives of this forum; particularly the chapter entitled "I'm Positive I'm Positive."

HI Dr. Bob, From Depressed Italian Girl
Loonies!!!