when to have an H.I.V. Test?

Hi Dr. Bob. My name is kevin from Kenya. Iam glad of the work you are doing and I will be sure to donate on the foundation.I realised there is a lot I never knew. Just a quick question, is there any chance that H.I.V. acute symptoms to show up after 2 months from risk of exposure? Am experiencing some pain under my arm pits but am not quite sure that is attributed to H.I.V. Last I had sex was 2 months ago. Thanks.

Hope you are of fine health. Kevin.

Hi Kevin from Kenya,

Your symptoms two months after a risky exposure are not suggestive of HIV acute retroviral syndrome (ARS). However, symptoms or no symptoms, if you had a potential HIV exposure, you should get an HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Good luck!

I love you Dr. Bob :)
RE: One last Question - Promise.