Postpep testing is making me mad!

I had a high risk exposure engaging in anal sex with 2 positive guys on May 16th. I was drunk and have been cursing myself every single day. I didnt know thier status so it also makes me feel cheated and put at threat but I have only myself to blame as I should have used protection regardless. I was the top and am circumcised 29 yr old. Soon after the exposure I realised my mistake and went on PEP medication (Trivada and Kaletra) for 28 days.

I finished my course on Jun 13th, 2010 and am extremely anxious to know where I stand. I went in for an antibody test a week after my PEP finished and dont know if it should mean anything at all. It was negative. I have been searching your archives and I do know you suggest post pep testing at 5 weeks, 3 months and 6 months from the date of "exposure".

This is what confuses me. A lot of other websites ask for post pep testing 6 weeks, 3 months and 6 months from the date of last PEP dose.

Which one is true Dr? I am really stressed out.

Should I have any confidence in the negative result? It was 5 weeks and 2 days from the exposure.

Please help. I will gladly donate. I have done so once before.

The recommendation for post-PEP HIV-antibody testing are four to six weeks, three months and six months from the date of exposure (not the date of last PEP dose).

Any negative test is encouraging, but you'll still need to follow the post-PEP guidelines to confirm your status.

unprotected sex.
Tests for HIV Subtype O (GROUP O, Subtype O, 2010)