PLEASE HELP INTERPRET THESE RESULTS!!!!! :(

Dr. Bob, I am freaking out here! I just got my test results back from QUEST Diagnostics. They read as follows:

Test Name: HIV AB, HIV 1/2, EIA WITH REFLEXES

-HIV 1/2 EIA AB SCREEN:

Beneath "In range" it says nonreactive and beneath "reference range" it says nonreactive

Then beneath that it says, "A nonreactive HIV-1/2 antibody result does not exclude HIV infection since the time frame for seroconversion is variable. If acute HIV infection is suspected, antibody retesting and nucleic acid amplification is recommended. "

The main part that causes me to freak out is that it says HIV Ab 1/2, EIA, "WITH REFLEXES!!!"

Does that mean that my EIA was positive and they had to run a western blot?!? Out to the side of HIV 1/2 EIA Ab Screen it says nonreactive for in range and also nonreactive for reference range. I am hoping this means they only had to run the EIA and it was negative!!

The "reflex" part would mean a western blot ONLY if the EIA was positive, right? To confirm the positive? Oh my God, did I have a positive EIA??

And is EIA the same thing as ELISA???

This test was done 9 months after exposure!! PLEASE help me Dr. Bob!!!!

-TERRIFIED

Relax Max!

"The 'reflex' part would mean a western blot ONLY if the EIA was positive, right?" RIGHT!

"Is EIA the same as ELISA???" YEP!

Please answer Dr Bob --
unprotected sex.