CD 4 & CD 8

Hi Doc, what's up. I have question on CD 4 & 8 My recent Blood test says CD 4 is 363 and CD 8 is 1350 what will be effective in my body whith these Numbers, I have didagionsed HIV 2 in 03 and taking Rayataz,Atripla and Istress. your reply will solve my confusions.

Cd4 counts provide information about the immune system. The lower the count, the more "deficient" the immune system is becoming.

As for what antiretroviral medications will be effective, the CD4 count is not helpful in this regard. You'll need a resistance test (genotype and phenotype) to determine to which drugs, if any, your specific strain of HIV may have become resistant.

Hope that helps.

Caught UTI :-(
Parasites