Caught UTI :-(

Hello Doc

Thanks for this wonderful forum. I really admire your work and just love how cool you are with everything in life. I wish i was the same!

My problem starts here. I had one sexual encounter with a WL when i was single almost 2 years ago . Rubber exploded in the middle of the action. I got HIV tested after 3 months (result negative) and got Hep B injections.

But from that sexual encounter I caught which was later diagnosed to be UTI. I have severe pain, itching in my tool while urinating at times and has red spots under the fore skin after m*******tion.

I would appreciate if you could advise if UTI can be treated permanently by taking medicine? Also,how long does it takes to get treated fully and for sure?

Will I ever get fixed to be able to make love with confidence to my future partner and not risking her life? She wants to have a baby with me and there is no way I can tell her the full story or put her in danger until I am fully fixed myself.

What should I do? Looking forward to your advise.

Thanks Doc Love your work Your admirer

Hey Admirer,

Urinary tract infections (UTIs) are common ailments and can be caused by a variety of pathogens. You should be evaluated by your doctor to ascertain if what you are experiencing is a UTI or some other problem. Once a diagnosis is made, specific treatment can be prescribed. To answer your specific question concerning UTIs, yes, in general, they can usually be easily treated with antimicrobial drugs.

As for HIV, you should have an HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark (from the date the condom failed). You should use latex condoms with your fiancee/wife until your HIV-negative status is confirmed.

undisposable speculum
CD 4 & CD 8